Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 215

Ross, DJP-37-120, 39Rollson, CCR, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

1947 Super Custom Fog lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan Phenicie
See User information
Our car has a factory fog lite switch, my question is, who was the OEM supplier for the fog lights and how are they identified? How are they mounted? Thanks

Posted on: 2010/11/26 16:10
 Top  Print   

Re: 1947 Super Custom Fog lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
On the 46/47 I believe the supplier was C.M. Hall, marked as such on the top of the housing.

Posted on: 2010/11/26 16:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
The foglights on my '47 Super Clipper and on my '47 Custom parts car are marked with the single word "Packard" on top. I believe on both cars these are the dealer installed options. They are mounted through the bumper valence/gravel shield panel with a single bolt(I think that is what it is called ) as per photo attached.
You may want to check the "Foflight" switch on the dash. There may not be a switch but only the knob. If there is a switch then the foglights were likely dealer installed and the holes should be evident; if not the option was not purchased.

Attach file:

jpg  (111.15 KB)
13_4cf03cd7def74.jpg 913X1280 px

Posted on: 2010/11/26 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
There is a good chance the fog lights were made by General Motors accessory division. They supplied fog lights and other accessories to the independents as well as the GM makes.

Posted on: 2010/11/26 18:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Stunning!!!! How 'bout a full frontal pic of the car???

Posted on: 2010/11/26 18:45
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan Phenicie
See User information
Quote:

clipper47 wrote:

You may want to check the "Foglight" switch on the dash. There may not be a switch but only the knob. If there is a switch then the foglights were likely dealer installed and the holes should be evident; if not the option was not purchased.

I went right out and checked and sure enough the #371437 'FOGLITE' knob is just bolted to the dash chrome and there is no switch. Thanks! for the heads up.

My efforts on this recently acquired car have been concentrated on making the stop and turn signals work and while I took note of the disconnected fog lights, I never noticed the dummy switch.

By the way, the car has obviously aftermarket KD SP-691 lamps on it and I found this interesting site that lists and identifies an amazing number of lamps and their manufacturers.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/downloads/VA_Motor_Vehicle_Approved_Equipment_List/02_Auxiliary_Lamp.pdf

Attach file:

jpg  (65.95 KB)
1936_4cf04ff5e6726.jpg 800X641 px

Posted on: 2010/11/26 19:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan Phenicie
See User information
Quote:

fred kanter wrote:
On the 46/47 I believe the supplier was C.M. Hall, marked as such on the top of the housing.

From the site . .
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/downloads/VA_Motor_Vehicle_Approved_Equipment_List/02_Auxiliary_Lamp.pdf

C. M. Hall Lamp Co.
Carlton . . . . .Nash
Ford . . . . . . Packard
Hudson . . . . . Studebaker
Kaiser-Frazier . Hall Lamp 4HF

Posted on: 2010/11/26 19:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

PackardV8 wrote:
Stunning!!!! How 'bout a full frontal pic of the car???

Ok.....

Attach file:

jpg  (49.98 KB)
13_4cf07d4b06c53.jpg 800X484 px

Posted on: 2010/11/26 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
The lights pictured are manufactured by Unity Lamp Co. Chicago IL. The period lights and those made up to about 1965 had a 'Crest" on them shaped like the last joint of your thumb adn held on with a screw. On the top it had a tag with "Packard" on it or other makes.

The ones pictured have a curved plate retained by by 2 rivets. They are still manufactured. Both types are incorrect as far as "original" is concerned, the crest type was available in the 40's and were dealer installed.

The correct lamps werre made by CM Hall I believe and had an oval "Packard Road and Fog Lamp" tag on them retained by 2 rivets. They were more bullet shaped and had a point in the back.

If I remember Monday I'll post a photo

Fred Kanter
Kanter Auto Products
Boonton NJ

Posted on: 2010/11/26 22:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I like the badge bar. Is that original Packard accessory or aftermarket???? Very nice accessory either way.

Posted on: 2010/11/26 23:03
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved