Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 138

moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

linkage pictures.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Would very much appreciate if anyone could post a picture or two of the shift linkage in engine compartment. V8 particularly but also earlier with BTV. Would like to get one straight down from near cowl showing steering column, brakes, and linkage and maybe one from front as well. Any others you might have from any angle would also be appreciated to get an idea exactly what is involved clearance wise.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 12:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: linkage pictures.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Here's a view of my 55 Pat with 7-in booster. There's no interference problem with any of the linkage.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/2/14 13:17
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Craig, thanks again.

My concern is putting everything under the floor causes the booster to move forward. Even though centered now, diameter is slightly larger and just want to be sure nothing pops out. Am trying to keep it no longer than the BTV boost section so all should be OK in that respect, but it's close. Would also like to move it over toward engine slightly to make the lever work with the narrow 55 pedal better but you know those best laid plans----- .

The dual system will have to tilt to clear steering box and that is a bigger concern. Not having anything to look at, just don't remember if anything goes that far down to interfere. Would hate to have that option be a push button only. Standard shift is also a big question but don't expect any of those will pop up.

Just wanted to get a few pictures to get a feel of what is there and where.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 13:57
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Here's one of my brake inatallation, I hope it can help. I can take more pics and get some clearance measurements if needed. My setup has the 7" dual-diaphragmed booster and remote filled m/c (this pic is without the remote reservoir or air vent hose installed).

Attach file:

jpg  (54.34 KB)
2993_4d59809a51ce1.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2011/2/14 14:21
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
I can make some photographs from above on my 53 2652 if needed. I won't be moving the car to its new home until spring and I will then put it up on jack-stands. At that point I will be able to make all the under car photographs and measurements you might need.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 14:46
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks both of you for the picture and offer.

Any picts appreciated and those posted have been a help already. As near as I see so far, nothing comes too close to the steering box on a V8, it all being around 5 inches & less from firewall. I believe the earlier ones are further down so those from top definitely will be appreciated. I don't think there is a need for anything under unless you notice any linkage that comes very close to the booster.

To the V8 guys, assuming booster centered under column now with your conversions, is there enough clearance to move the 7" booster as much as 1/2 inch toward engine without hitting anything in the linkage?

Posted on: 2011/2/14 15:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
IIRC, the 7" booster wouldn't move any further to the right, due to the fixed floorboard near the accelerator pedal. To mount my booster/toe-board assy, I had to first loosen the booster mounting bolts, fit the assy around the floorboard, and then tighten the booster mounting bolts. Once done the toe-board screws aligned to fit in place. Your bracket assy, though may not have this issue.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 15:43
Bob

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
As long as no linkage interference, the bracket & booster can go over a little as it mounts differently but am trying to use existing holes. Will keep any holes added to a minimum. Right now, there is only one hole added and may eliminate that.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 15:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Do u want STICK linkage or automatic from a 56 Exec????

Posted on: 2011/2/14 16:08
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
I'll check for that clearance, when I get home from work, but I don't think it will be an issue. I am very interested in the outcome of this pedal/bracket development and will help you in any way that I can.

Posted on: 2011/2/14 16:16
Bob

Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved