Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 208

Ozstatman, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

One more wiring question for tonight
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
The original headlamps for the 39 120 were bulb and reflector. Sometime in the past they were replaced with sealed beams. The new wiring harness is setup for the old system, which had four positions on the headlight switch - 1. parking lights, 2. City driving 3. City high beams 4. County driving, with the left lamp being dimmed with the dimmer switch. Any suggestions on how I should wire the sealed beams in? thanks - that's all for tonight!

Posted on: 2011/3/25 23:07
 Top  Print   

Re: One more wiring question for tonight
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
I think the 4 wires are high, low, ground, and parking lamp. The town and country situation is handled by the headlamp switch and dip switch. You will not be able to run the parking lamp bulb in the factor configuration with sealed beam conversions.

Posted on: 2011/3/26 0:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved