Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 157

JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'37 front end body questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Hello again-

Looking for some pictures of the radiator core support and any brackets stiffening the front grill and fender area? I think my core support has some areas rusted out.

In the area on mine with the arrow, what is missing? There are four holes on each side of the core support, and when I pulled the radiator out, seven ground off carriage bolt heads were under the radiator. Help!

Also, looking in the '35-'39 Packard parts manual, I found a picture of what looks like a brace running from the grill perpendicular to the frame. Again, looking for a picture. Thanks!

Attach file:

jpg  (95.24 KB)
2964_4dcc86b0c7629.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2011/5/12 20:15
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Re: '37 front end body questions
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Martin's Auto Body Resto
See User information
I can't tell for sure what model your car is, but there should be the upper fender brackets bolted where your arrow is. Is there 3 or 4 holes for carriage bolts there (square holes)? If you look at some of the pictures on Henry's M/N 1182 restoration project in the blogs, you can see the brackets and such there. 37's are the same as 38's I believe.
Greg

Posted on: 2011/5/12 21:04
 Top  Print   

Re: '37 front end body questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

saltydog
See User information
Ken Your missing the supports for the front fenders.
Greg

Posted on: 2011/5/13 12:50
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved