Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
189 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 187

JD in KC, Darrin180, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 6 blade fan
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Patgreen. keep us posted on progress with the AC and alternator project.

Look at post #3 above first pic on the left. There is a DAGONAL CROSS BRACE about 1" of less directly in fron of radiator. That brace makes it difficult to mount a pusher fan to the front of radiator.

Go to some local 'hot rod' shows and look at how the pusher fans are mounted to most of those cars. They are mounted DIRECTLY to the front of radiator usualy with somekind of a shroud. The diagonal brace will inhibit such mounting on the 55-56 Packards.

I tried a pusher fan some 8 years ago mounted with brace between pusher and radiator. It proved to be useless after about 4 years of experimenting with it.

I opted for the 6 blade aftermarket fan and spacer bought from a discount auto stores shelf and had the spacer machined t o fit the water pump hub.

Posted on: 2011/8/14 6:47
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

william george stocker
See User information
Fan - Shroud
HH56 / PackardV8 - have a look at a 1983-5 ?Range Rover Shroud, I fitted this on my 53 clipper with two small electric Fans. (it worked for me)
it might help you out?
Bill.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 12:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I'm slowly getting closer. Slowly.

I have the a/c mounting device for the motor and the alternator with mounting device.

Still up in the air over the fan, which (IMHO) needs the center hole enlarged and the four bolts either machined to be their own spacers or spacers added because the bolt slots are for larger bolts.

The plan is to take the parts to the garage, do a dry run and go from there.

Do not hold your breath; you will turn blue.....

Posted on: 2011/9/28 15:43
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I found a REVERSE direction (some modern serpentine app) fan that looks like an easy fit with just a big washer and some hole drilling. Doubt that it will do us any good tho unless someone else has an idea. Flipping the fan over won't do any good.

19.5 inch diameter, 2-1/2" center hole, 2-5/16" square hole spaceing.

Attach file:

jpg  (28.42 KB)
35_4ea620ba4f7a6.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2011/10/24 21:38
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved