Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 209

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

New York stash of Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
In June 2007, while visiting my brother in Chenango county, New York -- a very rural part of New York state, north east of Binghamton, I saw next to a barn, a field full of Packards. Well at least 15-20, mostly post-World War II. I visited with the owner, who showed me the collection. At the time, I was primarilly concerned with finding a donor body for my SWB 39 V12, so I didn't pay much attention to his newer Packards. Since then, having spent a lot of time on this site (mainly as a voyeur), I realized there would be keen interest in this site. Now, I've returned to Chenango County, for the first time since discovering this stash. After retracing my steps, I found the long lost land of rusting and decaying post-war Packards. I met with the owner, who said the magic words, "all is for sale." After telling him about Packardinfo.Com, I offered to help him list his collection. John S. said he would prefer to do it himself. I do have his email address, and will be in touch with him, and will send him a link to this site.

Posted on: 2011/8/23 7:29
Don Skotty
1938 Super 8 1604 1116 Club Sedan
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Re: New York stash of Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Miller
See User information
HI, could you give the gentleman my e-mail I would be interested in 110, 115 and120 carsw or parts.Please contact me by replying and i will provide our e-mail address.
Thank You
John Miller

Posted on: 2011/8/23 9:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
Hi John,

Sending PM

Don

Posted on: 2011/8/27 11:26
Don Skotty
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Did any of the cars look saveable? I live in Binghamton, 1/2 from there. What town?

Posted on: 2011/9/5 14:01
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
On this trip I didn't get a very good look at the stash, the owner has put up a large fence blocking most of the view (I do have some photos that I will post after I return from this month-long road trip). As I recall from my original siting 4 years ago, some can be saved ($'s dependent), others have serious accident damage. John S. is near Oxford and Guilford, New York.

Also, I haven't been able to contact him via email. Perhaps I wrote the address down incorrectly.

Posted on: 2011/9/6 9:07
Don Skotty
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
Still haven't been able to reach John S. via email. Guess I'll have to snail-mail him or return to New York to get him connected with Packardinfo.com .

But I have been able to get my limited photos of the stash off my camera. Note, these were taken from a moving car, and the owner has put up a fence obscuring the view of most of his collection from the road.

Wish I had more. These pictures reveal about 1/3rd of the stash (not including the Mustang and MGB)

Attach file:

jpg  (63.79 KB)
338_4e6ff9d0866d8.jpg 512X768 px

jpg  (142.07 KB)
338_4e6ff9e7d6860.jpg 1024X683 px

jpg  (137.67 KB)
338_4e6ff9fb0ce80.jpg 1024X683 px

jpg  (120.50 KB)
338_4e6ffa3fa726c.jpg 1024X683 px

Posted on: 2011/9/13 19:50
Don Skotty
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Miller
See User information
Don, Thankyou, have been on vacation in Sweden for several weeks.
Will follow up although all Packards in the photos seem to be post war.
Your efforts are appreciated.
John

Posted on: 2011/9/19 21:08
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved