Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 163

2T9-626, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1941 henney coach
Just popping in
Just popping in

carnut
See User information
any one know anything about 1941 packard henney coaches. not hearse or ambulances or flower cars.

Posted on: 2011/10/27 18:41
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 henney coach
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
From at least 1937 thru at least 1941 packard offered "business" sedans and limousines (8-pass) on senior chassis (Super Eights). In 1941 they were offered on the 160 chassis in 148 inch wheelbase. They were essentially detrimmed lwb cars, sometimes with removeable right side center door posts. Whether the conversions were done by Henney or not I don't know, but the one I've had the opportunity to examine had no Henney badging.

Posted on: 2011/10/27 18:58
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

carnut
See User information
the one i am looking at is on the 120 model.has the henney bagdeing but no identification plate on firewall. only number was a theif proof #. is there is a number stamped into the frame or any where else.

Posted on: 2011/10/27 20:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Does it look like this?
What's the wheelbase?

Generally once the patent plate or VN plate has been removed there is no way to recover the numbers other than from previous owners or, on the very rarest of occasions, a state DMV.

PS - just a few other thoughts. Where on the vehicle does the Henney name appear? Also, there is an excellent book on Henneys, and you might look at the Henney information on www.coachbuilt.com

Attach file:

jpg  (107.78 KB)
177_4eaa0bd2bd88d.jpg 1280X733 px

Posted on: 2011/10/27 20:56
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

carnut
See User information
the henney badging is right below the hood on the side just like in the pics. both sides. it has the chrome lines on the fenders just like the one in the pic and also has chrome trim at each end of the running baords. it is a 126" wheel base and looks like a regular 120 sedan. no frills. it does have duel side mount spares with one wheel cover. the bumper on the rear has a fold down bumper guard to allow a body to open the trunk. are any of these item consistant with a henney built coach?

Posted on: 2011/10/28 13:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Dual sidemounts (with covers) were a factory option, as was the fold-down rear bumper guard, so they are consistent with the regular factory cars, not necessarily anything Henney might have done.

Posted on: 2011/10/28 14:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
professional car sidemount covers often have an external chromed hinge connecting the cover to the fender. The "regular" model covers have no connection to the fender at all.

didn't Henney usually attach their own body plate?

Posted on: 2011/10/28 15:10
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

carnut
See User information
thanks for the replies and information. i am more confident that the car is a standard 120 with some nice options. thanks agian.

Posted on: 2011/10/28 19:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Based on what we've learned here plus the more extensive exchange on the same topic over on the PAC forum I'd conclude that you've apparently got a standard 120 sedan which has possibly been mongrelized with some Henney trim at some time in the past.

It's truly a shame there are no data plates of any type on the car. Seems all to often the data plates (patent or vehicle # plates) are stripped from abandoned cars for resale as a trinket. Shame is, the data is almost never recoverable.

Posted on: 2011/10/28 19:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
Did Henney put any tags on the cars that they built/modified? If so, where? I would assume on the firewall? A previous poster mentioned something about a tag in a picture, but I'm not sure what picture he is referring to.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted on: 2011/10/31 12:46
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved