Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
256 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 256

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Just for fun: 1950s car spotter game
Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Kevin and I both 96% and both missed in the Mopar question. For some reason I have always had trouble with 1950's Chrysler products. Their many model types blurred into one mass (although I could always distinguish them from other makes). I was born in 1955 and been around my dad's service station and a Packard since I was a small boy. My favorite car then was the 'flat finned' '59 Chevy Impala.

Posted on: 2011/12/7 22:07
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
100% on the North American models and it was actually pretty simple since identifying 2 or 3 of the 4 shown made the remaining ones easy.

The European ones I didn't try other than the British ones in post #21 which I managed to identify. The MG Magnette brings back memories of one that was owned by a friend and was dubbed the "Rust Magnet" due to the extensive lower body corrosion. It was also worn out mechanically and we had the engine out so many times that we had pulling it down to 45 minutes. I will forever associate the smell of British leather and leaked brake fluid with that car.

Posted on: 2011/12/8 1:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...I will forever associate the smell of British leather and leaked brake fluid with that car.

Brian (BDeB), thanks for sharing your "Rust Magnet" experiences - lol! As far as I remember only the front seats had a leather cover just like older taxis. I associate with a MG Magnette the angular wooden dashboard.

Click to see original Image in a new window

[picture source: www.picturearchive.co.za]

Posted on: 2011/12/8 13:14
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Roger L. Hosmer
See User information
100 for me as well

Posted on: 2013/2/12 6:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
I got a 98% ...but I'm younger than you guys...

Posted on: 2013/2/12 16:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved