Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 239

Oldcaddies , more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'37 CD-138 Town Car What-If
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mahoning63
See User information
This is a follow-up to an earlier post I made on a CD-138 sport sedan what-if. As with that car the goal here was to explore the design potential of the One Twenty using as many stock components as possible. For this work-up most of the car is production CD-138. The only major changes besides conversion to an open front are the convertible windshield, business coupe decklid (raised a few inches), coupe rear roof section, forward-curving rear door frame/C-pillar and new rear quarter panels. I am amazed at the extent to which the One Twenty could have been moved upmarket had Packard wanted to. Such a car, with a 282-based V12 of 423 cubic inches and 180 HP and priced in the $2,500 range might have caused Senior buyers to look twice. If I came across a CD-138 in bad shape and had the money, would think seriously about new coachwork along these lines.

Attach file:

jpg  (18.59 KB)
2060_4ee01922ec81d.jpg 682X263 px

Posted on: 2011/12/7 20:58
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved