Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 216

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Stude 56J Owner Checking Back In After Long Hiatus
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Hall
See User information
Today, I recommended this NG to a fellow 1956 Stude Golden Hawk (aka 56J) owner in the UK, who is restoring his. He had questions about the Ultramatic, and has had several questions about the 352.

After telling him how great you folks are, I recalled it had been waaay too long since I had been here. So I have spent a few hours catching up on 55-56 V8 threads.

I had started a thread here about a problem in putting a Melling pump in my 56J. Today, I noticed I never provided closure here after fixing that problem. The problem was a leaking rear main seal (which is an early 1990s Cadillac, neoprene seal). Long story short, I wound up modifying the main bearing cap for better return oil flow, and switched from the HO Melling to a standard one. The engine now has 7,000+ miles on that pump and still not leaking, with neoprene seal.

From one member's comment on that thread, looks like I need to submit some pix of the Cadillac seal and explain installation better. I will do so, but for now suffice to say it is easily installed, with engine in car, and is a permanent, easy fix for a leaking rope type seal.

Joe Hall

Posted on: 2011/12/18 22:59
 Top  Print   

Re: Stude 56J Owner Checking Back In After Long Hiatus
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Welcome back. Looking forward to your participation.

Posted on: 2011/12/18 23:13
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: Stude 56J Owner Checking Back In After Long Hiatus
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome back JoeH - all repentant participants are always welcome
Please do come back and document the Cadillac rear seal install. Always interested in solutions to various problems.
And Have a Merry Christmas!

Posted on: 2011/12/18 23:17
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved