Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
241 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 240

Oldcaddies , more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

356cu in a 22nd series super 8 chassis???
Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
All,

I have a 22nd 141wb seven passenger (super 8) with an engine that will need a rebuild. Can I drop a 356cu in that body, or is that engine (custom 8) block longer? I'm assuming that I would need the carb, dist and possibly transmission to match the custom engine. ...or would they use the same clutch/trans?

Thanks,

Mark

Posted on: 2011/12/26 3:47
 Top  Print   

Re: 356cu in a 22nd series super 8 chassis???
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I believe it would fit since the dimensions of the 356 and the 327/288 are pretty much identical. I operated my 356 engine with a distributor form a 288/327 engine also so that will match up. The trans is a different matter since the input shaft on the 356" trans is larger unless the fly wheel/pressure plate is interchangeable between the two engines. Not sure about bellhousing either. I will leave it to more knowledgeable people here to either confirm or deny my assumptions.

Posted on: 2011/12/26 10:42

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved