Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
211 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 208

Ozstatman, Guscha, DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Finally making progress on my 53!!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Well it's coming along nicely Fory...if you put as much effort into your test as you have your car then you had to have aced it!... by the way, you must be a fan of George Barris...and if you don't know who that is or was, ask your dad or grandpa, he was one dude back in the 50's.

Posted on: 2012/1/13 23:42
 Top  Print   

Re: Finally making progress on my 53!!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

fory
See User information
Quote:

Gator wrote:
Well it's coming along nicely Fory...if you put as much effort into your test as you have your car then you had to have aced it!... by the way, you must be a fan of George Barris...and if you don't know who that is or was, ask your dad or grandpa, he was one dude back in the 50's.

Those guys are my idols, man! Barris, Winfield, Hines, Ayala Bros... They are some of the guys the shaped kustoms and hot rods into what we know and love today. My biggest inspiration is Larry Watson. That man was a visionary! He did things so off the wall, and had know idea how they would be excepted... He pulled it off so well, though, that we look at those paint jobs as kind of the norm for that period. I can only imagine what people thought when they saw the first lace paint job on that 63 Grand Prix rolling around town... Wish I could've met him before he passed.

Posted on: 2012/1/14 15:30
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved