Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 126

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Packard Request Dreamcar Article
Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
WTF????

Posted on: 2012/3/24 21:51
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Well, I guess we did get off on the wrong foot. If you can read this, Leeedy, please consider rejoining the discussion. You obviously know a lot more about the Request than most. Yes, I have learned something. But you could also learn something about Teague's role as stylist of the '55 body revisions by re-reading that part in the "AQ" book you mentioned earlier. (AKA "Packard, a History of the Motorcar and the Company" edited by Beverly Kimes) It does not appear to support your contention that there is any doubt as to the primary designer who "competed in the '55 styling with certain outside organizations--Sunderberg-Ferrar among them--and won..." Dick Teague. If you have the book, it is on page 584.

Posted on: 2012/3/25 21:08
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Stephen,

Where To From here, indeed. Since the expert has left, I guess we can struggle on a bit. Taking a look at the Kimes book about the 25K test run Packard, I once again saw the photo of the original "showroom floor" Request with amierers Dick Teague and Bill Graves admiring it (Graves looks like he's pointing out something on the left front fender and Teague seems a bit amused. Hm. But anyway, the THING I NOTICE that the designers of the Request may have RAISED THE ROOF! If you look at the roof line above the windshield, it sure looks like there is an extra bit of lift there.

It may just be the overhead lighting playing tricks, in which case I am exposed again as NOT AN EXPERT. But that is my motto. In fact, I think it will go on my signature line from here on out.

Posted on: 2012/3/31 20:12
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved