Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
236 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 235

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: PushButton Transmission Wiring
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
PV-8, most of the reversing relays, or pushbutton control relay (or whatever else it has been called) I have seen are mounted just below the lip of the fender, within 6" vertically. In looking at the number of cars I have serviced or at least looked at to diagnose/enjoy, I have come up with a theory that there was no template at the Conner plant to insure that these components were mounted in an absolute uniform placement, I think one guy just grabbed one of each component and started drilling and screwing. They are all a little different. And every car seems to have one or two holes in that area that aren't necessary.

Posted on: 2008/4/15 6:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Packard V-8, I have an answer for you on the resistor used on the pushbutton shift relay, it is .5-.6 ohms, at many, many watts. Probably the best thing to do is appeal to someone online who has replaced their pushbutton relay and take the resistor from that. usually the points are pitted beyond repair or the pull-in coils go open and the relay is NFG. We know that resistor is right for the job and has the proper (high) wattage rating.

Posted on: 2008/4/30 9:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Amps can be converted to watts. We now know from your post that the ohm reading is 0.5 to 0.6 ohms. SO, if we hooked up an amp gauge to a PB system and then tested to see the MAX amp draw then we could determine any other paramter about the resistor.

I'm guessing that the motor operating to release PARK on a hill of 45 degrees would be the acid test.

Posted on: 2008/5/1 21:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Amps can be converted to watts

I x E = P

amps (I) x volts(E) = watts (P for "power")

Posted on: 2008/5/2 6:23
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved