Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
211 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 210

Darrin180, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1941 Clipper Restoration
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
By the way, is that the Cadillac you mentioned parked next to the Clipper in the garage?

Posted on: 2013/4/28 18:00
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andy 41 Clipper
See User information
Interior is original rear seat is really nice the front was pretty ripped up and all the door panels need to be redone. It is also really musty so full interior is on the list down towards the bottom but it is on there. And as for the caddy couldn't convince the wife on the $24,000 volo was selling it for! I am very excited but it is a huge learning experience that I am still trying to decide if I can handle it or selling it to get something further along.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 18:18
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andy 41 Clipper
See User information
Ok so this weekend I am going to pull the gas tank, fuel pump, and the carb and I want to put something in the cylinders to free them up. Any recommendations on what to use, how much to put in each cylinder, and how long to let it sit in the cylinders before trying to crank it over with a wrench on the crank bolt?

Thanks again for all the input I couldent do this without you
guys!

Posted on: 2013/5/2 10:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Here is a site that discusses the cylinder issue:

http://www.oldengine.org/unfaq/stuck.htm

I don't buy that crap about smashing a block of wood over the piston using a sledge hammer. That is way extreme and just think about if you missed ... I'd prefer letting the fluids do most of the work; much gentler and it give you time to enjoy a cold beer or two while you wait.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 14:21
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andy 41 Clipper
See User information
Thanks mrbubble any idea should I first try throwing a wrench on it to see if it is free before trying one of these methods? I just don't want to do anything to damage the motor.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 14:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I don't think it would be a problem trying to turn it first. Loosen or remove all the spark plugs and give it a turn. Should not take too much. If you feel like you have to force it too much then stop and add the oil.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 14:55
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gregg Shelton
See User information
Yes, your interior is in much better shape than mine was,. I had rats on the inside and peacocks living above my car. Check out my photos of when I pulled my car out of the barn. I wish it was in a garage as yours was.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 21:20
Forty one is the one! Packard 120 touring sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved