Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
165 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 164

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1953 patrician maiden voyage
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob
See User information
Good news update. Took the packard for a drive yesterday and today 5 miles each way. I put the car in what I thought was Low but its really High range. Ross was right its the 5/16 adjustment. I pulled in a parking lot yesterday to turn around and felt the tranny shift down. It did it everytime I stopped, but wanted to make sure today. So its on to the 5/16 adjustment when the car cools down. Like most of you said; you can't feel the tranny going into high gear. I'm impressed and happy. Now I need to get a 12lb radiator cap, my 7lb whistles for a couple minutes when you shut if off and blows a little steam out of the overflow hose. Thank you to everyone who gave me input, you guys are the best.

Posted on: 2012/8/16 11:22
1953 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Re: 1953 patrician maiden voyage
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob
See User information
I just found the correct radiator cap from NAPA 703-1411 7lb. I won't use a 12lb cap. Just found a post about the right radiator cap on this site.

Posted on: 2012/8/16 12:07
1953 Patrician
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved