Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 236

RKS, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

39 Super 8 front engine mounts solved!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
Disclaimer: The strange links you see in this post are NOT mine and I have not idea how they are getting in there but it must be some way to help pay for the forum to exist although I thought we were all helping to pay for it. Gene

As you know if you follow this forum I've had a challenge in determining the correct way to mount the engine in the compartment. I asked the question both in the forum and by PM to several people and got varying and different responses (and some never responded). some said that it used a single mounting point at the center bottom of the timing cover and others said it used a saddle between the three mounts on the cross-member. I went along with the last because the evidence I had pointed to the fact that there were three mounting points.
Now that I have a complete engine ready to be installed I know that both were wrong. The pictures below help to show what I mean. The engine mounts at the bottom slightly off center on the timing cover with the bracket that is formed into the cover itself. It also mounts to the left (facing it) with a different bracket that attaches to the timing cover and serves no other purpose that I can see yet. Finally, it mounts to the right on a different bracket that also serves as an attachment point for the generator bracket.
The first picture shows the left mount and the center mount and the second picture shows the center mount and the right mount but not as clearly but I can do more pictures if needed by anyone.
I hope this clarifies things for anyone who may be looking at this problem in the future and does a search of the forum.

Gene

Attach file:

jpg  (34.31 KB)
3021_4ff70eebc11b6.jpg 960X720 px

jpg  (33.24 KB)
3021_4ff70f2020699.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2012/7/6 11:15
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved