Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 165

JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Brake Conversions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Wilwood has a front disc kit for just under $1,000 for many Packards, including the V8s. Has anyone installed a set? Opinion?

Thanks,
Bernardi

Posted on: 2013/3/21 14:52
 Top  Print   

Re: Brake Conversions
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't recall anyone mentioning installation of a Wilwood kit. One thing I'd ask pointed questions about is the exact makeup of the kit. I believe we looked at the parts list on their website a few months back. They list the exact same kit and the individual component part numbers were the same for models all the way back to 1940. Either that is just a convenient numbering and they do make a custom kit for different models or else there is something that has to be changed on the Packard to make one kit fit all those years.

ABS power brakes also advertise front disc kits, 7 in fact for Packards different models and years. Kanter also has kits but no idea how many. No info on the ABS kit installs but believe there has been at least one Kanter install mentioned on the forum. There was something about the lug bolts in the Kanter kit not being the same size as the others already on the Packard and was causing some question or an issue.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 15:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Brake Conversions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Howard -

Thanks for the feedback. I hope someone who has installed kits from one of those suppliers will chime in, too. Now if only a major supplier would come up with a modern replacement for the BTV!

Bernardi

Posted on: 2013/3/26 0:17
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved