Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

What gloss finish on the frame of a 22nd series, and under coating...
Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
Hi all,

I have a 22nd series. I have the rebuilt engine ready to be installed. But before that, am an down to the frame rails (in the engine compartment). What gloss level is the frame supposed to be? ...satin, semi-gloss, or gloss? I am not going to have the car judged, but I would like to be in the "accepted" arena.

Also, the car was undercoated. The undercoating has held up, so I didn't want to strip that, but I did want to "freshen it up". Has anyone done something like that? If so, what did you use? I was going to call Eastwood this week to see if they suggest their undercoating could bond to existing undercoating.

Thanks,

Mark

Attach file:

jpg  (78.89 KB)
2686_52360126819bc.jpg 1280X721 px

Posted on: 2013/9/15 13:46
 Top  Print   

Re: What gloss finish on the frame of a 22nd series, and under coating...
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Frames were painted by AO Smith after manufacture and delivered to Packard. The used cheapo black paint. Not really glossy at all.

Posted on: 2013/9/15 16:44
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved