Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 224

dallas, CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Shift Idler bearings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
I have new idler bearings (4) and column lever bearings (2). Part 3.3305. Question - are these designed to be press fit into the levers?
Thanks.
Mark

Posted on: 2014/3/30 0:52
 Top  Print   

Re: Shift Idler bearings
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
No -- but they are a close fit with no slop in any of the respective holes or at the rod in the center. Should be lubricated and able to slide in with mild finger pressure. On some of the bushings there is actually a sort of bevel shape with a slightly rounded middle so when they slide in the hole the rods can twist a tiny bit. Because the idler is mounted to the engine and subject to motion, I believe those are the ones with the bevel. Don't remember if the trans or the column has a bevel.

There should be the larger diameter thin spring washers on either side along with the smaller flat washer on the cotter key side to provide a bit of anti rattle and to hold them in the idler

Posted on: 2014/3/30 8:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Shift Idler bearings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Thanks Howard,
If just a snug fit, then I am in pretty good shape.
Onward..

Posted on: 2014/3/30 12:24
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved