Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 218

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard 1934 wood frame
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave
See User information
hi there i have a 1934 Packard which i purchased it is a mess,I'm not a carpenter and there is a lot of wood missing out of the car it proberly easier to say there is any,i have very few pics of the frame work,i watched a Packard video how they made 1929 frame work,could anyone tell me how you would go about this i will not be doing this myself but if i could find the info out it would be a start,around the doors and roof i done see to much of a problem the grey area is the floor and the door openings where the alloy step plates are there is no metal there either if anyone has some plans or pics this would help cheers Dave

Posted on: 2018/10/23 16:15
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard 1934 wood frame
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I do remember the car you purchased, I own the same year and model; IMO yours is far, far beyond even a parts car. My best advice is to find a better car as a starting point, it is simply way beyond practical to even give fleeting thought to saving the one you have. Sorry for the bluntness, but myself and others were flatly flabbergasted that the car found a buyer with the intent of restoration.

Dr. Andreas Straube in Germany is offering a reprint of the 1934 Salesman's Data Book; though it does not contain any engineering drawings or dimensions, it does have a couple of small illustrations of how various parts of the wood body structure was built. I believe his book is available thru Mr. Ole Book in North Bergen, New Jersey.

Posted on: 2018/10/23 16:47
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dave
See User information
i know blunt is honest i get that,but i love a challenge i have all the parts the metal work is not a problem for me i have an english wheel and can fabricate the metal work,i found a video you may be interested in i cant seem to down load it a found this the other week it a video of the car found in a barn the video is called Roll Royce Rescue on you tube and the Packard was in the same barn I've made the clock tick again and been restoring the clocks the chrome work 80percent done bumpers headlights etcnew engine rebuild gearbox and have another frame,i will be going to a car show where the some coach builders so if i could get some tips there

Attach file:

jpg  (293.00 KB)
4373_5bcfa0de5e943.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2018/10/23 17:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Good luck with your venture, let me know where I can be of assistance.

Posted on: 2018/10/23 18:47
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved