Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
171 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 170

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

41 Master cylinder removal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a poster at AACA asking about the master cylinder removal on a 41.https://forums.aaca.org/topic/366560-41-110-master-cylinder-removal/?do=getNewComment

I briefly owned a 40 but it was way back in the 70s. Do remember a friend and I going thru the brakes but while I was not the one who removed the master, I do not remember him complaining that it was a huge ordeal or mentioning that he had to take off any linkage.

Just want to be sure my memory is not as bad as it would appear so if anyone has removed a master maybe you could enlighten us both of the procedure if it needs any extra requirements such as the shift linkage removed. I could not find any removal details for conventional bodies in the service manuals but I know the shift linkage is different from the Clipper. Did find a few illustrations of the master layout and posted those on his thread. He reports that on his 41 there is a stud thru the master cylinder that is holding the linkage instead of the bolt I thought was used.

Posted on: 2021/8/11 10:37
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved