Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Blackout Models during WWII
Just popping in
Just popping in

M. Short
See User information
Does anyone have any production figures for blackout models during the war? I know that some new cars were held back and they may have been converted. Does anyone have any info? I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Matt

Posted on: 2021/11/24 12:22
 Top  Print 

Re: Blackout Models during WWII
Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
I can't imagine they kept records of the blackout models. They were just gradually phased in with a variety of parts as the chrome and stainless ran out.

My father (back in the late 1940s) had a '42 Plymouth convertible coupe, complete blackout model, thankfully he liked to take photos. Only things chrome on that car are the dog dish hubcaps and the bumpers and windshield frame. everything else was painted body color, including the entire grille and the headlight rings.

Always been my understanding they just kept building until they ran out of parts, doubt they kept records of how many cars were shorted the "correct" parts.

Posted on: 2021/11/29 11:08
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved