Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
239 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 236

moodydavid16, 39Rollson, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fender Welting Placement?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
I am working on a 1937 120C Convertible Coupe. It was in very rough shape when I received it so I need guidance on the proper placement of the fender welting. None existed on the car at disassembly. It is a given that it fits into the joint from the rear of the headlamp stanchion gaskets to the engine compartment. Rear of the front fender starting at the engine compartment and down across the front of the running board/front fender joint. The rear fender would start at the outer edge of the rear fender/running board joint and up around the rear fender to the rear behind/below the tail lights.
What I do not know, does it run across the seam between the running board and the apron? And if so, do you wrap the running board and bury the welt from the front and rear fenders at the running board joint?
Thanks for the guidance.
Bob

Posted on: 2022/7/24 18:38
 Top  Print   

Re: Fender Welting Placement?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bullsh--ter
See User information
On my 37 the rear fender welting curves around the the back of the running board and a seperate piece goes across the front of the running board. There is nothing between the running board and the body.
I dont know if this correct because my car has been repaired[very poorly] before I got it.

Posted on: 2022/7/24 19:11
 Top  Print   

Re: Fender Welting Placement?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Thanks! That makes sense as the rubber on the running board wraps around the steel and would do the same job as the welt. Thanks for the affirmation. My gut says that is how it would be but I thought I would ask. This site continues to help those who have never seen a completed car in real life but are stubborn enough to restore one!
Bob

Posted on: 2022/7/25 9:35
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved