Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 221

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

need a carpet sample for V-8 blue
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
does anyone have a scrap of the blue color used in 55-56 that they could spare?

Posted on: 2007/7/29 20:00
 Top  Print   

Re: need a carpet sample for V-8 blue
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Do you feel like the Maytag repair man?

Posted on: 2007/8/6 16:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Joel: Maybe John should go to the PAC website forum and ask the same question. After John asks the same question there,
then ask Katz how many views the question got, and then see if someone there offers John a sample.

John's question in this forum almost has 50 views. I would bet my bottom dollar that on the PAC website forum, that number of views would only be about 10% of the number stated above.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/8/6 17:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I believe I can help you. I have a 55 Patrician parts car with dark blue carpet that can assist you with. But I'm sure I won't be able to cut it however until sometime this next weekend. My mailing address is POB 14162, Tucson, AZ 85732.

Kevin AZ

Seat pictured; but not carpet. I believe remants are still underneath the seats.

Attach file:

jpg  (44.88 KB)
20_46b7ea97cf938.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2007/8/6 22:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
John, the note to Mr. Pushbutton was done in jest. He asked the question in this forum not in the PAC forum, so why bring something else into it? This forum is supposed to be about helping each other out. I was just trying to get someone to come forward with a carpet sample. I am waiting for the correct 56 carpet to be manufactured and I supplied the deep green color sample. The manufacturer is waiting for the blue sample so all 4 colors can be made at once. I have nothing to do with the project except to be the first customer to hand over my money for the copper and green colors I need for my cars. I don't even know if they are going to make a large run of the carpets and sell them nationaly.

Posted on: 2007/8/7 12:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Kevin, the 1955 senior series carpet is not the same as the 56 Mr. Pushbutton is looking for.

Posted on: 2007/8/7 12:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Joel: Your second post in this thread may have been made in
jest, but as I think your answer to my post confirms, it was also made for personal reasons.

I agree that this forum is all about helping each other. That is the reason I made two major contributions to Packard info. Since there are so many 55 & 56 Packard owners, that come to this site, this is my question to you.

If you have known that there might be a possible new source for carpet and that it going to be produced. Why wasn't that information shared with the other posters in this forum
at an earlier date.

My reference to the PAC website forum was made to remind people, that this is the place to come for information and help.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/8/7 18:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Joel -

My personal feeling is that (if available) an answer to the "question" originally posed might have come quicker had news of this project been made more clear. Alas, none of my cars have blue carpet, but I could use a copper carpet for my Patrician driver project (povided it is both of good quality and reasonably priced.)

Given some feelings than several members here have, perhaps the only negative about such a project would be if the proceeds were to benefit PAC.

Yet, what's this about "all" four colors being made at once? Weren't there were more than four colors of carpeting used in '56 (even if you don't count basic black)? I was under the impression that Kanter offered carpet in all the colors for a long time.

Posted on: 2007/8/7 19:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
If I had a tentative project with a big "IF" attached to it, I would keep it close to the vest also. Never announce a plan when there may be no outcome at all - you will be criticized like the boy who cried wolf. And if PAC financed it and gained some reward, so be it. Whoever forks over some monies to get a project moving should be praised. Getting anything done for so small a marque as Packard must be difficult. I do question the "four" colors however as I need grey the same as Brian does for his Carib hdtp.

Posted on: 2007/8/7 20:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Do you have a scrap of the grey you could spare?

Posted on: 2007/8/7 21:05
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved