Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
249 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 247

JWL, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

55-56 Windows
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Are the doors and windows of the 55-56 4 door Clippers and Packards the same size? I don't think they are as I believe the extra wheelbase of the senior cars is between the wheels, not from the cowl forward as in 23rd series and back. Thanks.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/3/18 11:04
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: 55-56 Windows
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
Are the doors and windows of the 55-56 4 door Clippers and Packards the same size? I don't think they are as I believe the extra wheelbase of the senior cars is between the wheels, not from the cowl forward as in 23rd series and back. Thanks.

The 5in extra wheelbase length is in the rear leg room on the 4drs, i.e., the rear seat is 5in further back in the Patrician. The 4dr doors & windows are identical between Sr & Jr.

On the 2dr HTs, it is in the distance from the rear window lower lip to the trunk lid lip, i.e. internal trunk length. The rear seat legroom is identical between Sr & Jr HT.

I have all four types here and I just remeasured same because I don't rely so much on my memory any more.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/3/18 12:27
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Craig, thanks. Neat way to get more wheelbase and still be able to use the same doors. I understand about verifying memory.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/3/18 16:37
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
55 56 REAR doors are different between Packard and clipper. Window glass maybe the same but the rear DOORS are differnt.

Posted on: 2010/3/18 16:46
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
The rear wheel well cutout is longer on the Clipper rear doors. This is because the rear axle is farther forward, due to the shorter wheelbase.

I believe the doors are the same otherwise.

So, the doors do not interchange but it is possible the glass and window mechanism does.

Posted on: 2010/3/18 16:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Yes, the bottom of the doors are slightly different, although similar in shape -- my bad. That's what I get for making a quick measurement only at the top of the door. Thanks for the correction, guys.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/3/18 19:40
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved