Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 164

53 Cavalier, acolds, 29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 Jr Trunk Emblems (Correct from Day 1)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
First off I would like to begin by writing that I enjoy all Packard's and whatever is done to them or has been done in the past to them is because we all really like our cars and we tend to individualize them right from the day we buy them. Last month I bought a 2011 Cr-Z and already I have had things added to it. An armrest, it did not come from the factory with it, but I wanted it. But 70 years from now if asked if it came from the factory that way I would have to say no. (No way of course I will be here in those 70 years from now, or that modern cars would last near that long like the Packard's we all enjoy)

There was a prior thread on the proper Trunk Emblem for 1937 juniors. There was an emblem in question that appeared on several cars, The comment was said that it was original. A service counselor was provided as proof. In reading that, I noticed the date for it was mid year in 1938. Which was a good year and a half after the 37's had hit the showroom floor. So it was something for the dealers to sell and add to existing cars. 1937 was during the depression, and whatever way you could get more dollars from the car owners they would go for it. Same goes for dealers today.

Below is my proof of the claim I had made about the emblem I told was proper for the Jr. 37's.

In the pictures are a NOS emblem I got several years ago to put on my 37 1095 120CD. It has the original bag and most importantly the instruction for installation. The date on that is 8/25/36, or at the very beginning of the run of the 1937 model year.

Part No: PA-5852 for 115C models
Part No: PA-5853 for 120C models

I don't want to offend anyone but I try not to write what I think but by what I know. And I hope that the more knowledge we can dissimulate the better. After all it's been over 53 years since the last Packard has been built. And very few of us can say we bought them new.

Attach file:

jpg  (39.95 KB)
1153_4d978a3265694.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (21.25 KB)
1153_4d978a426630e.jpg 631X463 px

Posted on: 2011/4/2 15:42
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved