Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 212

Ozstatman, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Greenwich Concours June 2 and June 3
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

George40
See User information
A reminder for those on the East Coast as well as those who can travel to Greenwich Connecticut for the Greenwich Concours on the first weekend in June- this is truly a spectacular car show with US classics including Packards on Saturday June 2 and European Sports cars on Sunday June 3. Since the location is right on Long Island Sound, there will also be an in-water display of some of the former 12 meter Americas Cup yachts. They have their website - Greenwich Concours.com

I am not affiliated with the show but I live in the area so if anyone needs any information I will try to give it to you. Also, if anyone from this site is planning to be there, I would love to meet you.

George

Posted on: 2012/5/19 7:25
 Top  Print   

Re: Greenwich Concours June 2 and June 3
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi George: Yes, Greenwich Concours d'elegance is a fine event and I join you in encouraging anyone within driving distance to make an attempt to attend.

I'd look forward to meeting you but unfortunately for me I'll miss it this year, perhaps for the first time in as long as the event has been held; I'll be off on a Packard Club driving tour up in Mass. with the 34.

I see you're from Stamford; for many years I worked for Olin Corporation and kept an office in their facility out on Long Ridge Road.

Posted on: 2012/5/19 8:23
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

George40
See User information
Owen_D,

Yes, I know exactly where Olin was on Long Ridge Road. They were a great company with everything from chemicals, Winchester, skis, pharmaceuticals and other interesting businesses. I am off Ponus Ridge near the Merritt Parkway.

I am close to getting my 1940 160 convertible back after some excellent work by Byron York up in Ridgefield so if you are ever in the area, let me know. Also, I don't know if you have ever met Byron but it is truly fun to stop by his shop and see the cars he is working on. He has also been great in showing my kids around his shop and encouraging the next generation. Flackmaster has also been helpful in getting parts so it's been a great experience overall and I have learned a ton!

Posted on: 2012/5/19 9:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
George, yes I do know Byron and have visited his shop. I usually see him once a year at the old "Ridgefield CT" show, more recently held at Lone Star Farm in Redding. I really felt badly when Redding decided that had to start admitting some postwar cars, but it's still a nice show and usually a fair amount of Packard stuff in the flea market.

Posted on: 2012/5/19 12:55
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved