Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 240

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

47 Custom Super Courtesy Lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Greetings to All from Alaska,
We are working on the interior gadgets of my 47 Custom Super Clipper Sedan.

Neither of the upper rear courtesy lights work (the ones on the roof pillars). The bottom lights on the back of the front seat work. Question for owners of Su Clippers: I am assuming that the rear door switches control both the upper and lower lights, but that switch only has one wire going to it and that wire seems to control the lower rear lights. I would have expected to see two wires to the rear door light switch. Can anybody shed some light on this? I guess the fix would be to try and thread a wire through the headliner to the switch. Note: I don't see the courtesy lights on any of the wiring diagrams. And, a new wiring harness was installed that appears to include those switches. I guess it is possible that the wrong switch was used or, there is a connection somewhere that runs to the upper lights.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mark

Posted on: 2012/6/14 21:07
 Top  Print   

Re: 47 Custom Super Courtesy Lights
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't have anything for 21st with that detail either but from SC Vol 21 #23, I'd almost bet money that if you ignored the buzzer, drivers light, & those kind of details then this schematic from a 22nd 7 passenger would be virtually the same with the courtesy lights. The switch labeled rear quarter lamp would instead be the one at shoulder level on the center pillar. The feed is different though since the 47 didn't have the extra breakers. Reading the fact book, am not sure that the upper lights come on with anything but the manual switch.

From what I can see on my disassembled 47 custom, the wires under the floor between pillar and front seat and in the seat back between the lights appear very similar.

Attach file:

jpg  (71.66 KB)
209_4fdaa13bbeaf0.jpg 1280X562 px

jpg  (25.77 KB)
209_4fdaa83aa14ef.jpg 514X250 px

Posted on: 2012/6/14 21:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
The 1946 Data Book confirms that the 46-47 Custom Super Clipper rear compartment lighting is the same as the 22nd Series. My own 22nd Series Custom 8 Touring Sedan works this way as well.

Posted on: 2012/6/15 0:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Thanks guys. Found the switch and got them working. Now on to the map light and the OD light. Thanks again.
Mark

Posted on: 2012/6/15 1:30
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved