Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 134

PackardSanta, Gary Kulp, Karl, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 118 119 120 (121)

Re: The Duchess Project: 1940 Super 8 Convertible Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Just to report that the Duchess is running better than ever.

BOOT: I'm trying to find an original boot or 'envelope' for a 1940 or a 1941 convertible sedan, Section 31.443 Envelope, Top, Assembly, PN# 950413. The Packard Club and the Studebaker Museum do not have the blueprints for this part.

I have a recollection of my original one which was mildewed and water stained. I couldn't make it fit because I didn't know how to put the top down correctly at the time, so I threw it away. That was in 1960. I was a kid. I hadn't learned to save EVERYTHING.

I would like to borrow an original one for a 1377-1397 or 1477-1497 so the upholsterer can make a pattern. Please, no one get upset, but my recall of the original one does not match any I have seen on restored cars. The main difference is that the original has stiffening board and seams that kept the boot in straight lines down the sides and across the back. "As I recall, 60 years ago."

I don't care what condition it is in. I will pay costs to ship and back and provide a pattern for making new ones. IanGabrielle has not responded to my PM, so if you know him, maybe you could ask him for me. Any help, photos or advice would be appreciated.

Posted on: 5/20 10:35
 Top  Print   

Re: The Duchess Project: 1940 Super 8 Convertible Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
... but my recall of the original one does not match any I have seen ...

Joe, you can rest assured because this is a completely normal feeling for every man when it comes to his early love.

Posted on: 5/20 15:29
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

« 1 ... 118 119 120 (121)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved