Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 218

BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

33-correct tires and valve stem
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I talked to the Coker tire people today, however they could supply some info but not much about the valve stem covers. The tires should be 7.00 x 17 is the easy part. Coker said the correct valve stem is TR127- that is for a 525/550-17/18. The catalog lists a TR15- for the700/750-17/18 offset stem. They did not seam to know what dust covers went with the tube. I guess I might need to talk to a different salesman. Some time ago someone listed some number, but I will be darned if I can find them. Thanks Dell

Posted on: 2015/8/6 19:46

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: 33-correct tires and valve stem
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Dell, I don't know if I can find my invoice from Lester for the last time I did new tires and tubes on the 34 which was the last year for nickel_plated stems and covers. But I was insistent on matching the old covers still on the car and had no problem buying them from Lester. The covers look like Coker's E-90500 with the F- 90501 nut. But if you have 35-36 wheels, while the are identical in all other respects the stem hole is flared for a rubber stem - you can still mount the metal stem hardware though its not quite as pleasing an appearance. And yes, of course 7:00 x 17, 6-ply rated tires.

I'll attach a photo later that may be helpful when I get back to my PC.

PS- 3 Schrader valve stem caps found in the glove box of my 34 Packard back in 1963 - I assume them to be originals and except for the name Schrader they are a match for what I bought from Lester some years ago. Just by visual comparison they appear to match Coker's E-90500.

Attach file:

jpg  (78.60 KB)
177_55c4265a9289e.jpg 1030X1280 px

Posted on: 2015/8/6 20:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
)-D; the rims on my car must have been drilled as I have rubber stems. my ? is will the nuts cover the hole or fall in. in that case one would have to use a washer under the nut. The hole looks to be quite large. Dell

Posted on: 2015/8/10 20:43

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Rubber stems will fit through the stock holes though if you've got pre-1935 17" rims the sharp edge may be damaging to the tube stem. I've got a couple of spare wheels stashed away; I'll try to get to them and get a measurement of the hole in the next couple of days. Alternatively you could ask Coker for their dimensions for the nut - I have a recollection that it has a small collar that goes into the hole in the rim.

Posted on: 2015/8/10 22:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Opening in a 33-34 Eight and Super Eight rim for the metal valve stem hardware is 0.606", give or take a few thousandths. A simple bore, no lip, no flare, no rounded edges.

Posted on: 2015/8/15 13:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Thanks O-D; The holes in my rims are the same size.

Posted on: 2015/8/17 19:54

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved