Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 155

BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Jack Restoration ( neat flea-market find this week )
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

wowabunga
See User information
Found a unique jack at a flea market this past weekend. It's a Packard jack, and at first look I was convinced it was originally painted with black paint. When I ran my thumb across the black paint on the jack, magically the Packard blue began to reveal itself. The more I rubbed ( felt like I was rubbing down a magic genie lamp ) the more the jack turned from black to blue.

My question is what is what should I do with the jack ? Is it preferred to leave it original since there's no rust to distract. Or should I media blast the whole setup and paint original colors ?

I've been collecting old jacks for about 10 years now. Am also working up a photo ID Guide for old jacks of all makes. If anyone has any unknown jacks lay'n around the barn I'm happy to "try" to ID the jack in exchange for permission to use the photos. Just send me a IM. And yes, I have a copy of the wonderful Packard Tool Guide... one of the authors lives on the other side of town and we talk jacks when the occasion arises.

Attach file:

jpg  (78.75 KB)
3135_566fa86b29e15.jpg 1280X729 px

Posted on: 2015/12/15 0:43
 Top  Print 

Re: Jack Restoration ( neat flea-market find this week )
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Looks to be a Walker #213028 jack for a '32-'36 Eight and yes, it should be Walker Blue. If you intend to sell it I'd leave it "as is" and leave the choice of whether to preserve or repaint up to the new owner.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 9:41
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

wowabunga
See User information
Took your advice Owen and kept it original. Just posted the jack for sale in the flea market section of this nice website.

Posted on: 2019/11/17 20:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
U have the JACK - now start building the car.

BUILD FROM THE GROUND UP

Posted on: 2019/11/18 9:48
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

wowabunga
See User information
Barry.... I collect old jacks. Pictured is just one day's hunt, as I have more at home trust me. For now I'm going to chill with my 1965 Rambler Wagon and 1986 Honda Spree Scooter LOL.

Attach file:

jpg  (143.52 KB)
3135_5dd2b9360db57.jpg 1110X960 px

Posted on: 2019/11/18 10:31
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved