Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
187 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 184

CarFreak, DM37, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Robert J. Neal, author & Packard historian
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Has anyone located Mr. Neal's obituary and the funeral home link where we can post our appreciations and tributes?

Steve

Posted on: 2015/2/23 11:09
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No, I'm sure I'll hear about that and if and when I do locate it I'll add it to his tribute on the PAC Forum, and feel free to post your appreciation and tributes on that site as well.

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

Posted on: 2015/2/23 11:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
The following was sent to me by Jim Linden, Editor of The Packard Traveler, the regional publication of Pacific NW Packards.

Many of you may not recognize the name Robert Neal. However, most of you will recognize the books that Bob authored, including Packards At Speed, Master Motor Builders, A Technical and Operational History of the Liberty Engine, Packard 1948 To 1950, and his latest book Packard 1951 - 1954.

Bob was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer (he was a non-smoker) in 2014 while working on his last book. With the completion of his book in jeopardy, Stuart Blond accepted the task of generating the index of the main body material while Bob finished the appendices and bibliography. He thus saved Bob many hours of work which would have fallen in a period during which Bob may not have been physically able to complete himself.

Being a long time member of several Packard clubs, he will be dearly missed - especially by the members of our own Pacific Northwest Region of PAC.

Bob's service will be on Monday, March 2. The graveside will be at 1:00 PM at Washington Memorial Cemetery, with the service following at 4:00 PM at Galilee Baptist Church in Kent. Both locations are in the greater Seattle area.

Jim Linden
Editor
The Packard Traveler
Pacific NW Region of PAC

Posted on: 2015/2/24 18:30
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

John Sauser
See User information
Most know Bob Neal as a Packard historian and author,

Bob was also an avid collector of antique Smith and Wesson hand guns.

His first book was Smith and Wesson 1857 to 1945 and it is considered the bible for Smith and Wesson collectors.

Bob was a gentleman and a great friend, he will be missed by all who knew him.

Sincerely, John Sauser

ps. Funeral arrangment are by Bonney Watson Funeral Home.

Posted on: 2015/2/25 11:08
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved