Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 223

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 21st series R9 overdrive kick down switch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Is the accelerator pedal flat or has it been bowed or bent in the middle. I have seen some pedals that are bent and the middle hits the carpet before the linkage end is down all the way. Is the small phenolic plate around the rod that is used as a dust seal positioned next to sheetmetal so the linkage attachment socket on the back of pedal is not stopped prematurely.

If you decide to replace the switch, what about placing a couple of 7/16 or 1/2 flat washers on either side of the bracket hole and tightening down the Studebaker switch nuts. Friction with the nuts should hold the narrower switch tightly enough to keep it centered in the larger hole. If not, possibly bow the washers to force center or add a split lock washer or similar between the flat washers. That might need to be ground down a tad to fit the hole but with that smaller diameter washer inserted into the bracket hole it should keep things centered over the actuator part.

Posted on: 2016/7/10 17:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Dallas check this out, it worked for me, that is if you can still get them.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16944&forum=2&post_id=168406#forumpost168406
Wes

Posted on: 2016/7/11 0:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The Cole-Hersee switch Wes shows may be the same as those Napa sells as universal replacement switches.

Posted on: 2016/7/11 9:12
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
I found the newer switches have plug in connections where the older switches use screws, as in my picture, but they still work the same.
Wes

Posted on: 2016/7/13 0:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
I just bought a Cole Hersee 91811 on Ebay , thanks guys.

Posted on: 2016/7/13 8:26
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved