Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 156

Tom (Packin31), Christopher, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1953 Front door interchangeably
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
My advice is to find a parts car as close to your model as possible in a junk yard and remove the door and also take the hinge pockets from the door jams as well. You may be able to use a stud welder and some body hammer work to straighten up your existing jams.

Posted on: 2016/1/23 19:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: 1953 Front door interchangeably
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Chris R
See User information
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. I'm thinking the door was sprung like ptv suggested and the damage shown in the pictures was someone trying to fix it with a 2x4 or something like that.

For the time being I'm just going to open the holes in the hinges a little so I can drop the door at the hinge area. I might also use some shims between the door and the hinges to space the front part of the door away from the body a little.

Thanks again guys,

-Chris

Posted on: 2016/1/29 2:12
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved