Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 207

moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Paint the characters on the back of the car red?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I wonder if the low end of the line was black and the higher end was red. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Of course it could be Ollie and Sven. Ollie painted them black monday thru wednesday and Sven painted them red on his shift Thursday and Friday.

Posted on: 2008/1/2 10:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I thought the same thing only in reverse because the brochure has black on low end. Since there is only one part number listed for 51, kinda ruled that out--unless it was unpainted and left to dealer to do appropriately when it needed replacement. Could be no one restoring is really sure since there is red in other places and it looks good with the emblem so the car was done wrong-- or your second theory is more in line with reality than we want to admit.

Posted on: 2008/1/2 13:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Hi There, Yes the lettering on the trunk should be painted red. I have an origional one owner 1951, 300 that has never been touched and the lettering is red.

Posted on: 2008/6/1 17:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
The red color is close to the emblem color, not a bright red.

Posted on: 2008/6/1 19:41
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

TBrandon
See User information
My '51 2462 is about as original as possible, and the lettering, or what was left of it, was red. I used a fingernail polish to fill in the letters. If your trunk is in the open condition, it holds the emblem fairly level, and the fingernail polish did a pretty good job.

Posted on: 2008/6/2 19:25
T L Brandon
Newport, Virginia
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved