Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 192 193 194 (195) 196 197 198 ... 500 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
1956 Executive HT in Florida, seller says it's one of the last cars off the line in 1956, built on the last day of production at Conner.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/5536580739.html

Posted on: 2016/4/23 16:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
1938 6 with the original decal still in place
https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/5532910958.html

Posted on: 2016/4/23 18:16
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Ok this is not for sale but I don't want to open a whole new topic for 1 picture. This looks like a 33 with a custom (Dietrich) body, big question is with these wheels did they drop in a different power train?

Attach file:

jpg  (74.80 KB)
5061_571c26039ae0f.jpg 936X493 px

Posted on: 2016/4/23 20:48

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
To me that looks like one of these replicas:

http://www.gibbonfiberglass.org/Packard-Bodies---parts.html

Posted on: 2016/4/23 21:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Shields
See User information
This one is an odd duck. It has the headlamp crossbar and unskirted front fenders, which would make it a Ninth Series or 1932 model. But some things just don't look right on the car. The headlamp lenses are flat, indicating an Eight rather than a Super Eight; but it has a running board light, which I believe wasn't available on the Eights. The headlamps look to be slightly larger than standard also, but perhaps an owner had them replaced long ago. It could be just an optical illusion, but the vee of the radiator shell looks to be less pronounced than it should. The wheels are obviously smaller than the 17 inch standard, and the tires are modern. I would doubt those modern tires would fit in the standard wheel well, so the fenders are most likely repops.

I'm led to believe it is some kind of replicar, although apparently not a Gibbons. On the website listed above there are no crossbars shown and all the fenders are skirted, with some being 1933's and others 1934's.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 23:39
Don Shields
1933 Eight Model 1002 Seven Passenger Sedan
1954 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
The V-windshield and suicide doors make it look like a custom body. I agree that the headlightsame look odd. The wheels are taking so much away from the car, and no side mount covers....

Posted on: 2016/4/24 9:13

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The V-windshield and suicide doors make it look like a custom body

Obviously a knock-off of the Twin Six Dietrich convertible Victoria.

Attach file:

jpg  (201.86 KB)
177_571cdec688b90.jpg 1280X1004 px

Posted on: 2016/4/24 9:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I saw that car in the Marano collection a few years back! That's a beautiful car!

Posted on: 2016/4/24 12:47

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yeah, it's a stunning car though I'm no fan of the Woodlites, but I do like the very European style single center-mounted driving light - to me the dual Trippes on such cars detract from the car. The Buick next to it is rather unusual, it's a full CCCA Classic though only a Buick Special, it carries coachwork by Lancefield of England.

Posted on: 2016/4/24 13:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I'm with you on the Woodlites. The gold hood ornament is a little over the top as well. I got some pictures of the car as well, but I've to resize them.

Posted on: 2016/4/24 15:11

Top  Print   

« 1 ... 192 193 194 (195) 196 197 198 ... 500 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved