Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
178 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 175

Ozstatman, R H, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: Finned and Edmonds style H/C Heads
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
I took some time to go on line to visit the El Paso Better Business Bereau. I looked up the Empire Motor Company on the web site. This is the following that was posted about Empire Motors, this isn't word for word, but a summary.

UNSATISFACTORY record due to failure to respond or to resolve one or more complaints, but have resolved some complaints.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/1/6 22:13
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just an update:

The folks from Empire sent me some literature, and also emailed me a list of customer references from all of the country with names and phone numbers. So if anyone is interested in this list please PM me.

I also got a list of the Packard heads and manifolds that have current tooling in place, and also what heads and manifolds they already have cast and are in stock ready to ship.

Some of their other new pieces are still in the tool development phase. But the pieces sounds pretty interesting for the Packard Performance minded.

Also they are currently looking for the following head to purchase, so if any has one of these for sale, please contact them. I am not familiar with the prewar head he is describing. Perhaps one of you are.

"Dear Sir,

Was looking for a cylinder Head, 1935 Standard 8, Length 30.9 and is 7.5" wide. I do not know the model No. ,I do not know of a a 1935 Standard, Inline 8, do you?

R.A. Perriguey
President
Empire Motors Inc
Casting / Machining Division
13451 Montana Ave
El Paso, TX 79938-9616 USA

Phone No. 915-856-9607
Fax No. 915-856-9637

Email: info@empiremotorsinc.com
Web Site www.empiremotorsinc.com"

Posted on: 2008/1/7 21:13
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just as a point of reference, many National Companies are not accredited by the BBB. Basically if they submit a complaint to a company, and that company doesnt response to the complaint, or the person filing the complaint never follows up and tells the BBB that the problem was resolved it shows up as unresolved issue on the BBB website.

I know you are no fan of Kanter, but most have us have bought parts for our cars from them with little to no problems on the aggregate. But they are rated by the BBB as having a unresponded complaint.

Also McDonalds (rated UNSATISFACTORY) and Walmart also fit into that category.

I think alot of the problems (complaints) have been related to order originating with MFT/IFT (old company). I have not heard from anyone that has had a complaint with an order actually placed through Empire. If you know of someone that has a problem with an order orginated through Empire, then please let me know so I can follow up.

Also I am going to try to get an ETA on the Durant head and follow up with them to see if they make that time line.

Posted on: 2008/1/7 21:55
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
BIGKEV: I guess the bottom line to all of this is let the buy beware. This company has had a bad reputation in the past, and many red red flags raised about them since coming out of BK.

One thing that I would like to clear up is that I have never said that I don't care for Kanter. I have bought some stuff from them in the past and have had good service from them. I doubt that I would buy anything from them in the present or future, that is because of an employee of thiers.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/1/7 22:27
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
As part of my promised follow-up, here is the picture of the Durant head. Note it has not been machined yet:

Attach file:

jpg  (47.12 KB)
1_4787ee0613fda.jpg 800X727 px

Posted on: 2008/1/11 17:30
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information

Posted on: 2008/1/14 13:49
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Guys I got this from Empire today and they said that I could share this with the rest of the class.

This is the photo of the pattern for a Packard split exhaust manifold. Similar to how the Stutz Split manifold worked.

They are also working on a some new Packard intake manifolds that I have asked for pictures of those also.

Attach file:

jpg  (56.74 KB)
1_479797b9bbbf8.jpg 668X928 px

Posted on: 2008/1/23 14:38
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Can't mount turbo's on it, no use to me......LOL!

Posted on: 2008/1/24 2:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Finned and Edmunds style H/C Heads
Just popping in
Just popping in

Looznutz
See User information
What is the projected price for the headers? I would like to get a set for my 327!!

Posted on: 2008/2/5 5:40
 Top  Print   

Re: Finned and Edmunds style H/C Heads
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I dont have any of the pricing available. You would need to call Empire and they would put together a quote for you. Also you can ask about when they should have it shippable and things like that.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2008/2/5 14:34
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved