Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 210

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Using classics as a business
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
REgarding picture: Sheik of Kuwait LR quarter.jpg in post #23 above.

Why does the lower section of the rear body appear to be extending rearward so far from the trunk lid. Just guessing but it appears to be some kind of fiberglass extension. Rather odd looking. Enlarged gas tank maybe???

Posted on: 2012/2/3 8:50
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
O_D posted this photo quite some time ago.

Click to see original Image in a new window

I think it looks good from this angle. Derham obviously extended the rear quite a bit.

Posted on: 2012/2/3 10:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
I didn't mean to hijack this discussion with the Sheik of Kuwait Packard. I guess it is related as this car was a predecessor to the wine tour Custom Super Clippers -- which are definitely using classics (modified as they are) as a business.

Okay, the reason for the extended trunk area. The sheik specified that his Packard be longer than the neighboring sheik's car. No less than 21 or 22 feet (its in the Derham papers that are posted on this site). Derham extended the front bumper (to accomodate a siren that is barely visible in the Derham photo),and fabricated the rather odd trunk extension to satisfy the sheik's vanity.

Posted on: 2012/2/3 10:58
Don Skotty
1938 Super 8 1604 1116 Club Sedan
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
Ok, taking this thread back on topic and updating...

Today I signed the lease for a location in West Chester, PA and am awaiting a (gasp) non-Packard which will join my Clipper as a member of the fleet. Also considering adding a 120 in coming weeks.

Much thanks to the folks I've talked with already including Chris Dorsey from this site and others in the industry and those who've posted links to similar businesses.

We will be called Bishop Vintage Classics and hoping to be Operating legally before the end of spring.

Posted on: 2012/3/15 0:03
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Good luck with your endeavor. I once drove a young newlywed Palm Beach couple in my '63 T-Bird from the church to the reception. The job paid $150. The interesting thing was, that I don't think they had ever seen a T-Bird before, or really cared. It was just a fancy shiny black old car to them.

The drive took about ten minutes. The wait was much longer. I wore my tux.

Posted on: 2012/3/15 6:16
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved