Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
235 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 235

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »

Re: Sorry guys, this is gonna pi$$ you off!
Just popping in
Just popping in

pack61
See User information
Actually I like what Oldgold has done to the car. I think it is amusing to read the the double standard remarks from the usual crowd. If you put a Accura on a Pack chassis would that be ok? I guess you could call it Paccura. When I did the straight 8 rebuild on here no one ever replied except when the packard pro wrote to have me measure valve train parts. I stopped the posting and the motor went together excellent and ran like a champ. I believe Turbo Dude, that some power could be made from Str 8 if done correctly. The old 359 was a charm to drive and when motor was broke in at 500 miles I ran it up to 93 MPH and the car had 3:91 gears. I have worked on many str 8 and rebuilt a dual quad 352 with no ticks from lifters. I only installed LSII because that is what customer wanted. Yea my heart and sole was into it because I provided a service to a customer. Just like my heart was into rebuilding the best 359 Str 8. It does not stop with the motor's as I have rebuilt entire stock mechanical everything on Packards including the famous suspension on 55 Caribbeans. The word must be spreading as calls are coming in from around the country. (packprince)

Posted on: 2008/9/28 15:40
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Al, I really dont understand you. If you are so busy whith your shop then why are you in here tell us all hypocrites? Yesterday you posted as PackPrince, today as pack61, and then I find this email in my inbox. How did you forget your password 30mins after your last post?!

"I lost password and tried to get on and had password sent to my e-mail and it wanted me to change pass words. The form would not let me do anything becuase I didnot have a password or one that worked. It does not matter as you boy's are stuck in your way of thinking. I have tried to share many items only to get shut out. Funny I am on two other forums for different brands and we have great repor. You old Packard guy's are to old to try to show cool items to. I was doinmg a step by step of rebuilding a straight 8. Half way through I realized no one was responding with any thing. I finished motor and it ran ouit excellant. But if someone ask how to fix broke cigar lighter everyones all over that. I must be over the heads of most, and that is why I can't relate. I don't follow but if something is crap I call it such.You can send me a password or tell me how to get on if you want. I have a large amount of knowledge to share sometime when the cause arises. I am sure your boy's can handle the meaningless stuff...........Al Morgan "

Sorry if we dont stroke your ego in the manner you are accompanied too. If you cant participate in a respectful manner, then I am going to ask that you dont participate at all. I have not had to officially ban anyone from the website yet, so hopefully I wont have to start with you.

By the way, I am 35 and Eric (Turbo..) is younger than I am. So I guess us "old" guys will keep talking about how to fix our cigar lighters, and leave the the professionals like you to go answer your phone....customers are waiting.

Posted on: 2008/9/28 18:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

You can't please all of the people all of the time. Some of us tried to reason with this fella from the get-go, but it always comes back to the same spot on the broken record.

Too bad this guy hasn't found the audience here that he's looking for, but if he's getting what he needs somewhere else, I don't know why he bothers with us at all.

I think plenty of people were watching the story of his engine work unfold and waiting for the next installment, but it looks like he gave up when no one here made his cash register ring. If he came to this site expecting to find a lot of owners with deep pockets, he's wasting his time.

Now, I prefer to keep my cars authentic, but on a soda pop budget, you won't find any of my Packards in this guy's shop. Like you, I do as much as I can in my own garage with my own two hands so I can afford to pay for the work that I cannot do. Still, for me, a lot of the enjoyment of owning an old car is being able to do the work myself. I got tired of judged shows a long time ago.

I think I speak for MANY Packard owners when I say thanks for creating this space, which is much more than merely an online archive and watering hole. It is becoming quite a knowledgebase (and the next step up is just around the corner).

BTW, I just turned 49 this month, but have been interested in Packards, namely the V8s, since I was 16 and purchased my first running example when I was 27.

Posted on: 2008/9/28 18:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I'll be 33 in November and I carry a Zippo, so I don't care if a lighter is broken.

Posted on: 2008/9/28 19:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Not sure of your motives. My feelings are that most if not all of the people here have or have had jobs or business.Being old is not a bad thing you have to work at it to get old its earned . When most people have a job they do it to the best of their abilities your reward is your paycheck or company profits. Looking for complements as you seem to be looking is childish as are throwing your temper fits. If you don't like us leave sure we can survive without you.
We talk cars and help each other not looking for praise or financial rewards but to help fellow car owners.
If the above bothers anyone well that's one of the benefits of being old you don't have to be NICE if you don't want to. Have a nice day now I feel better.
I'm 64 and never needed a lighter.

Posted on: 2008/9/28 19:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Packardprince: If you don't like our views here. I got the following advice for you.

Take your vastly over inflated ego and leave.

I will bet you have no problem heating your shop in the winter. With all the hot air you blow you probably have to open the windows in the winter time to cool off the place.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/9/28 20:36
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
What I like about this site is that the members have varying degrees of mechanical skill. But, all are trying to learn from each other. I'm impressed with several members knowledge about almost any problem on any year/model Packard.

Let's just say that I have seen more winters than I like to think about and have worked on Packards since I was 18 and I constantly learn from members here.

Thanks to all of the participating members and to you Kev for all the information and cordial interactions. If we don't respond to those with less respect for others, maybe we can keep the site on a helpful sharing track. Again, Thanks!

Posted on: 2008/9/28 20:53
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I want to say that I love this site. It is lonely up here in the north for a Packard owner and I only know of one other Packard for several hundred miles in any direction. I feel so grateful that I can go online and get solid advice from people like "Owen", Jack Vines and several others who have such vast experience with these cars. I feel that we are in a way a band of brothers persuing the same goal of keeping these old relics on the road. It is unfortunate that Mr. Morgan does not feel welcome as he has a lot to offer, I am sure, but he has been the author of his own misfortune. I am sorry that perhaps I should have posted a thank you as he recited his engine rebuild as I was in fact following it closely and was very interested since I will have to rebuild my 356 sometime in the next few years. I am one of the "old" guys he is writing about being 64 but I feel like 30 most of the time and sometimes act like I am 14 so age is a relative thing. What I do have is experience in life enough to fill several books and that is something only age and time can give you. Too bad we all can't get along but thats life.

Posted on: 2008/9/28 21:55
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I thank everyone for their continued support. As Brain said you can't make everyone happy all the time, and usually I let people speak their mind. But when people start being disrepectful, rude, or abusive, then thats when I need to put the moderator hat on.

That all being said, lets move on to more productive lines of convesation.

OldGold, sorry your thread went sideways. Back to you....

Posted on: 2008/9/28 22:12
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Guess I'm one of the old guys who won't spend any money in the shop where he works. Apparently he is interested in two things - paying customers and stroking his ego. He isn't going to find either here. What a dumb young snot! I wonder if the person who owns the shop knows he gets on a forum and pumps himself up like that?
For myself I say good riddance.

Posted on: 2008/9/28 22:18
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved