Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 209

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 17 »

Re: Bendix Treadle Vac Study- Serioius Business!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
The BTV Master cylinder from my 5672A-18xx has "72" stamped aat the end of it. Under the "72" a peculiar mark that is an upside-down "2" with the letter "C" intersecting the sharp point of the base of the upside-down "2". There is no "Px" mark on it.

There is an extremely faint "P" mark off to one side of the "72" but no number after it. THe letter stamps appear to be much smaller than what HH56 shows in his pic above too.

I'll check the BTV from my Other 5672 later on.

Posted on: 2010/12/5 9:17
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
In the entire multi-page listing from Buick thru Willys there is no TreadleVac-type unit with the marking "P5". Pontiac Treadle-Vacs are marked "POx", and Plymouth didn't use them. I wouldn't be surprised if extraneous markings on the steel endcap would be rebuilder's identifications, such as many rebuilders stamped their ID on generators, starters, etc.

Posted on: 2010/12/5 9:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"extraneous markings on the steel endcap would be rebuilder's identifications, such as many rebuilders stamped their ..."

Mine is not steel. It's Al. or NOT magnetic. Possibly a "cap". Maybe. My inspection determines it only resembles a cap but is actualy part of the casting. Note that the internal casting "bore" is tapered. Most likely to allow for a ez removeal of a foundry core.

Posted on: 2010/12/5 9:53
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Was going by the two very deeply stamped numbers P on top and 5 below. The P on top line, then some sort of symbol but was thinking that third something at the end was another symbol. Randy says a 4 so could be with a poor impression. Possibly the second line is 5 AA so if that is the case, any reference as to what that would stand for and what variation or range there would be.

Posted on: 2010/12/5 10:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Owen brings up a good point:
"such as many rebuilders stamped their ID on generators, starters, etc...."

Which begs the question:
What kind of identification is stamped by current rebuilders and vendors of the BTV???

Posted on: 2010/12/5 10:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Howard would you please post another picture of that BTV so I can get a better perspective on where to look? I still haven't found any markings. Must I disassemble to locate them?

Posted on: 2010/12/5 11:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Right on the end of the hydraulic section.

Attach file:

jpg  (35.92 KB)
209_4cfbc25b24629.jpg 559X640 px

Posted on: 2010/12/5 11:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Here are a couple of pages from Bendix catalog 9F, pages 15 & 16 (printed May, 1957) related to BTV markings. But where do you find these markings?

Attach file:

jpg  (228.10 KB)
20_4cfbc24feb063.jpg 1100X1460 px

jpg  (217.04 KB)
20_4cfbc25c5a455.jpg 1100X1532 px

Posted on: 2010/12/5 11:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Excuse me for repeating what's already been said and shown; the vehicle identification symbol is located at the blind end of the hydraulic section.

Posted on: 2010/12/5 11:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"5BF" and arrow pointing to the 7'oclock position on the BTV from my other 5672A.

edit: "5BF" is NOT a typo. It is "5BF".

Posted on: 2010/12/5 12:07
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 17 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved