Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 222

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'KCI' Car Show 9/13/2014
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
So, for my birthday, I went to probably the last car show of the season which was held near the Kansas City International Airport. It's a very generic car show... basically if you are proud of your car... bring it. Over 500 cars ranging from a beautifully restored 1928 Franklin to a Fiat fresh off the showroom floor. There were lots of folks in attendance with an interest in cars. Agnes (Miss Gooch), my '50 Custom, as always was a big crowd pleaser.

While I was just getting ready to leave, a fellow walked up and said he also had a Packard there. It had been 5 years since I attended a local show with another Packard and that was a rodded '36 sedan. Anyway I met Tom [Tom in KCMO] and had a chance to see his wonderful Station Sedan. It started life as a 1948 22nd series Station Sedan and ended up getting sold as a 1950 23rd series Station Sedan. Not unlike my re-numbered '50 Custom.

Anyway it was a real birthday present to see another [really nice] stock Packard at the same car show.

Attach file:

jpg  (98.70 KB)
188_5415b062b8f25.jpg 964X642 px

Posted on: 2014/9/14 10:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved