Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 199

DaveJr, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packards at Raleigh Classic
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chad G
See User information
Some pictures of the Packards I saw while working at the Raleigh Classic this past weekend.

Pictures

Links to the auction listings:

The Clipper hammered for $12,500
Both 726' sold to the same buyer, I don't know the hammer price. 1st 726 & 2nd 726
The 41 120 convertible was a no sale; not sure what the high bid was.
I didn't see the 48 Super run through.

There was also a 400, but I never saw it.

-Chad

Posted on: 2016/12/5 11:56
 Top  Print   

Re: Packards at Raleigh Classic
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Maybe that 41 Convertible Coupe did not sell because the description was poorly written. Who writes this stuff?

"It is powered by the infamous Packard eight cylinder engine...."

Infamous definition: adjective: infamous, well known for some bad quality or deed.

Car appears recently restored and is valued by the seller at $85,000 to $90,000, but has a few glaring errors:

? Rims should be body color, not black
? Aftermarket radio antenna, not Packard OEM
? Painted instrument panel, not woodgrained
? Steering column and parking brake wrong colors, need to be tan, same as top bows
? Window crank plastic incorrect, should be blue to match the best of the dash plastic
? Why the red dipstick?

I cannot tell from the photos but that color seems to be too light, too bright a color to be Packard OEM. 1941 color chips show a Crescent Blue Metallic (Paint Scheme Z), but it is somewhat darker than what is shown and I cannot tell if it contains any metallic. It would be hard to see in a photo, you would need to see it in person as the metallic is VERY fine. But, the seller calls this Royal Blue.

Posted on: 2016/12/5 14:42
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Re: Packards at Raleigh Classic
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Darrin180
See User information
Concerning the 1941 120 convertible lnterior: Standard interior was all leather with a woodgrained dash ,tan plastic ,and tan steering column, hand brake etc. Multi-Tone interiors were Leather and Bedford cord, with painted dash to contrast with the various Colored plastic. Blue plastic gray painted dash, steering column, hand brake lever, etc. Maroon plastic tan dash, hand brake lever, etc. Tan plastic was only used with a wood grained dash........

Posted on: 2016/12/6 0:48
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved