Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 220

Larry Reber, Ozstatman, todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Installing door glass
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
I am progressing fairly well on my reassembly of my '37 120C, and am at the point where I can install the glass in the doors. Do any of you have any recommendations on any literature or any web site that would let me know how this is best accomplished? My main question is how the window channel is kept in place.
I did a search on our Forum site, but did not come up with much in the way on instruction.
Thanks for all of your help, as always.

Posted on: 2019/3/16 13:56
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Installing door glass
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dennis Nielsen
See User information
Hello,
I imagine that Packard would have used the same method installing the window channel on all of its cars in this time period. If this is true then what I found on my 38 '8' may be of assistance.
The channel was attached by a toothed spring clip, with the teeth hooking into the channel itself and the body of the clip then a press fit into its housing.
I attempted to make some of these but was unsuccessful. the next best thing is to glue them in with contact adhesive.
Dennis.

Posted on: 2019/4/20 7:45
 Top  Print   

Re: Installing door glass
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Thanks for the information. I think that just might be the way to go. I do appreciate your response.

Posted on: 2019/4/29 11:00
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved