The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners
Become a member of Packard Motor Car Information, right now! (it's free)
Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who's Online
53 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Packard Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 52

Jason75, more...

« 1 (2)

Re: No action when pressing pedal to start
Not too shy to talk
From Indianapolis, Indiana
Well, I took a jumper wire to the starter; turned over every time; also with the carbureter switch. Pedal start still didn't turn it over. I'm meeting up with a mechanic from Ohio at the Packard National Meet here in Indiana on Saturday, so I may throw him an offer of stopping by to take a look. He may redo the engine and tran at some point, but would like to drive it in the meantime!

Posted on: 7/18 15:25:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: No action when pressing pedal to start
Forum Ambassador
From New Jersey
Are you sure its not as simple as the accelerator pedal bottoming out against the floorboard before its linkage has had the chance to trip the starter switch? If so, a very simple linkage adjustment.

Simple enough to check, disconnect the accelerator linkage at the carburetor and then fully rotate the carburetor accelerator shaft to wide open and see if the starter activates. HH gave you detailed instructions in post 2, or you can just eyeball it.

Posted on: 7/18 18:37:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Search
Recent Photos
Random Photo
1903 Model F
Helping Out
PackardInfo is supported and funded by user donations. If you would to help out by either donating content, or funds to help with the upkeep and hosting of this site please EMAIL ME or click on the donate button.