The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners
Become a member of Packard Motor Car Information, right now! (it's free)
Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who's Online
36 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Packard Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 36

more...

1956 Engine Detail info and Build date info.
Just popping in
From Westerville
Two questions:
What is the best resource for determining correct paint color and metal finishes for under hood restorations. I understand the Studebaker museum in South Bend can lookup build dates and manifests from Vin numbers. Is this the only place?

My car is a low mile car but the engine compartment has been neglected and painted non-original in some areas.

Thank you in advance

Posted on: 9/6 9:54:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 1956 Engine Detail info and Build date info.
Home away from home
From Elkhart, IN

Attach file:

jpg  zzzz.jpg (30.44 KB)
17226_5d73d30472187.jpg 453X223 px

Posted on: 9/7 8:55:55

Re: 1956 Engine Detail info and Build date info.
Forum Ambassador
From New Jersey
A bit surprised no one has come forward with a more comprehensive answer, perhaps this will help.

As to engine compartment paints and finishes, it's been discussed many times here. So you could use the search tool and look for prior posts, or you could consider purchasing the PI Engine Compartment Judging Guide, available from PI; it's well-regarded.

As to build slips (shipping orders), the Studebaker Museum may have data for some models but they do not have them all, some are privately held and some are missing. Other than Caribbeans (privately held) I don't recall the specifics but if no one comes along with the answer, again try the search function as this has been asked and answered frequently in the past. Or just call the museum and ask.

Posted on: 9/7 12:50:53

[Advanced Search]

Search
Recent Photos
Random Photo
1948 Custom 8 Touring Sedan
Helping Out
PackardInfo is supported and funded by user donations. If you would to help out by either donating content, or funds to help with the upkeep and hosting of this site please EMAIL ME or click on the donate button.