Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Clipper AC (Split Topic)
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
On the prewar conventional bracket and the postwar 53-56 factory brackets the thermostat housing bolts were part of the mounting.

On the Clipper engine photo in post 12 there appears to be two extra bolts in the head next to the thermostat housing. I suspect the bracket West posted below the engine photo might have used those bolts and an additional piece or two to support the other end rather than share the housing bolts. If the extra bolts were used then possibly the bracket might have overlapped the thermostat housing but can't say for sure. There is not enough of the flat bracket to say exactly how it mounts and not enough seen of the bracket in the Detroit library photo for an answer there either.

Posted on: 2019/11/24 17:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Clipper AC (Split Topic)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I asked for permission to post this directly and it was granted with the following credit.

Courtesy of the National Automotive History Collection, Detroit Public Library

Attach file:

jpeg  (125.77 KB)
60923_5ddc0d14cb765.jpeg 1409X1116 px

Posted on: 2019/11/25 12:18
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved