The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners
Become a member of Packard Motor Car Information, right now! (it's free)
Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who's Online
32 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Packard Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 32

more...

Kanter's Speedster Sold
Home away from home
I am the only one who noticed Kanter's 734 went onto the block? Back when the prices were ridiculous he told me he would never sell. When those cars were selling for more than Duesenbergs I was shaking my head. What really killed me was when they painted the radiator shell on one of them and now go around calling it original.

Those dealers write ad copy the same way as hucksters in forged artwork. Yuk!

It was nice seeing that car in strong hands. Now it will no doubt become part of the old car three ring circus.

Posted on: 5/11 7:35:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Kanter's Speedster Sold
Home away from home
From Portland, Oregon, USA
Here's a story I wrote in 2018 on the 734 Speedsters that have passed through Oregon starting on Page 18. I really love this model.

https://packardsoforegon.net/Clipper/2 ... 018ClipperWebRedacted.pdf

With a featurette on Page 3.

Posted on: 5/11 11:53:02

Re: Kanter's Speedster Sold
Home away from home
The two Victoria's were owned at one time by a dentist named Hoeschbaker in New Jersey. One of them is in Turnquist's book in original condition. Somewhere else around here I have a picture of a clean original phaeton that sold at a yard sale for $250.

Bob was an avid photographer so maybe there are more pictures of the victorias in the materials he gave to museums. I can't imagine him throwing anything away.

Posted on: 5/12 3:32:03

[Advanced Search]

Search
Recent Photos
Random Photo
1924 Packard runabout interior right side, top raised, small rear compartment door open
Helping Out
PackardInfo is supported and funded by user donations. If you would to help out by either donating content, or funds to help with the upkeep and hosting of this site please EMAIL ME or click on the donate button.