Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 229

Chuck McDonald, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 49 club coupe owner here
Just popping in
Just popping in

Benny49
See User information
Thanks for that tip Owen. I do not have an owners manual, but I have a Motors Manual for that year range, and I will check the electrical schematics on it this evening.

Speaking of electrical, I noticed that my positive ground is taken straight to the valve cover. My guess is that it should positive ground to the chassis and chassis grounds to the block, but I will check all that in the motors manual tonight.

Thanks for all the help fellas, she is on the way to getting restored!

Adam

Posted on: 2007/10/4 9:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
The positive cable should attach to the rear most bolt that holds the generator bracket to the block if I am not mistaken. I also added a ground strap from the transmission to the frame just to be sure I have a good ground but probably a bit of overkill. Be sure the ground and positive cables are the heavy duty thick 6 volt variety ("0" gauge) and not the skinny 12 volt type.

Posted on: 2007/10/4 11:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Adam,
Motor's and Chilton's books are great, but there is an owner's manual available for download on this website:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.article.php?29
There are also numerous other manuals, parts lists, and various publications essential to the restoration of your Packard available in the Articles section. I can't recommend it highly enough (and the price is definitely right ).

Posted on: 2007/10/4 12:24
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved