Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 199

39Rollson, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bruce Blevins - TV Stories on "Mr. 1933"
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Bruce will shoot me for doing this, but I owe him a favor. He bailed me out numerous times during the 2006 PAC National Meet and went on to win the "Lil Ferreira Award" for most outstanding contribution of a committee member in service of the National Meet>

Anyway, Bruce was highlighted by his local (Flint, MI) ABC News station for his work on the "Back To The Bricks" car show - a week long affair in Flint, MI.

Here is the link to the story and be sure to click onto the video imbedded in the story.

http://www.abc12.com/story/17324640/flint-man-has-passion-for-1933-packards

By the way, Bruce owns a screw machine shop and reproduces a line of stainless steel parts for our Packards.

Hope this brings a smile to your face this morning. It is also a way to showcase Packards to the younger generation.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2012/4/4 9:06
 Top  Print   

Re: Bruce Blevins - TV Story on "Mr. 1933"
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
me=jealous. man what a great collection! thanks for sharing!

Posted on: 2012/4/4 9:36
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Re: Bruce Blevins - TV Stories on "Mr. 1933"
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello All:

I learned that this was a two-part TV story, so I edited the title and have included the second story (with more video) here:

http://www.abc12.com/story/17344140/flint-businessman-restores-1933-packard-limousine

Again, hope you enjoy.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2012/4/5 18:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Thanks for putting this up.

Posted on: 2012/4/5 20:25
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Bruce is going to want to be paid for his autograph from now on.

Posted on: 2012/4/6 7:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
man that matchbook and that document are sweet finds!

thanks for letting me dream through this!

Hank

Posted on: 2012/4/6 8:49
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
That was an enjoyable view. I've bought some new repro parts from Bruce from time to time, spring shackle bolts and the like - he's a great source for some of those parts for the 33-34 cars. If you have one of those models you should check and see what he has available. And those who saw his 33 Eight convertible coupe at Hershey last year should remember it as a stunning and correct-as-can-be restoration.

Some day I'll have to ask Bruce why he keeps referring to his cars as "Standard Eights" (or perhaps standard Eights); the prefix "Standard" as part of the model name for the smaller of the two 8s was dropped after 1932, those models becoming simply the "Eight" for 33-36.

Posted on: 2012/4/6 9:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved